SETTING FREE THE SMALLER NATIONALITIES BY THE GOSPEL
Freedom in Christ Presbyterian Church
The Freedom in Christ Church practices the Reformed liturgy, preaches the Gospel and distributes theological literature in the villages of Kavalerovo area which are located from 10 to 120 miles away. They hold worship services right in those villages, and organize theological meetings and seminars. They are encouraged by all those who wish to study with them!
The church has 15 adult members. Kavelorovo is currently a difficult place to live, with high unemployment. This results in families separating for long periods while one parent works in Vladivostok, the largest city in Far East Russia. Pastor Kirill also has an online church founded by his relatives in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Pastoral support and general church operation/ministry expenses are $1200 a month. A $700 increase in monthly giving is needed to reach this amount.
- One time needs include
- Water and septic at church
- Ski and snowboard equipment
- 4WD car/truck for traveling to remote villages
- Supplies for Christian school
- That they could reach their region, called Primorsky Krai, with gospel. Many lost souls in this region.
- Formation of a Christian high school.
- Continued work on a building and means to buy the equipment for water supply
- Sister Nadezhda and her family, that they would join the church soon.
- Kirill's great-grandson Mark is undergoing medical tests in Vladivostok
- Kirill plans to travel to St. Petersburg in March for the Spring Intensive at the Biblical Theological Seminary.